Thursday, May 7, 2009

My wife just had surgery on an sub arachnoid cyst has anyone had any post surgical experience to share?

she had a shunt placed in I believe the c 4 area of her kneck into her abdomen

My wife just had surgery on an sub arachnoid cyst has anyone had any post surgical experience to share?
I have had 10 surgies in the last 5 years .. She going to feel alot of pain but make sure if she allowed to make her walk it will help the pain ...





Also take the time to search on the internet it will help you understand what she had





Labroscope surgery will heal faster if she had open surger it will take longer to heal about a year really because your body has to heal from the inside out ..





Have her take it easy its going to be painful some days and she might have trouble sleeping after a while .. One day at a time





I wish you and your wife the best
Reply:some shunts do realy well %26amp; other may get OBSTRUCTED necessitating another shunt placement.


is it a Dandy-Walker Cyst?


Depending on the EXACT diagnosis, the shunt could be a temporary thing, hopefully.


I wish her good health %26amp; I wish the shunt good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment