Friday, November 20, 2009

The doctor called me and said I have a small ovarian cyst is this somthing to worry?

about? I have'nt had a period in 6 months could this be the reason? being 46 or is it menopause?

The doctor called me and said I have a small ovarian cyst is this somthing to worry?
I don't know about the menopause/no period part of your question, but I know about cysts. I had a cyst after stopping taking the shot for birth control, but I was unaware of it. I started having pain near one of my hips, especially during sex. Then one night it was pretty uncomfortable, and just as I was about to tell my hubby to stop, it burst. I thought I was gonna die I hurt so bad! My poor traumatized hubby rushed me to the emergency room, thinking he had caused my pain, but by the time I saw a doc, I was already feeling better. He told me what the cause of my pain was, and that it would go away quickly. It did. There were no other effects, and I'm perfectly fine. Your cyst will probably go away by itself, but if you start feeling pain near the inside of your hipbone, you can guess that your cyst has gotten bigger and see a doc within 24 hours to see if you can prevent an emergency room visit like mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment