Monday, November 16, 2009

My daughter is 9 weeks pregnant she has an ovarian cyst is this dangerous to her or the baby?

I had on ovarian cyst when I was pregnant. At 12 weeks I had TERRIBLE pains and had to be hospitalized. The doctor then recommended that it be removed; there would be less risk if removed because it could have burst (my cyst got engorged with blood) and cause a hemorrhage. Fortunately, my pregnancy went well after the surgery. I delivered my baby naturaly as well, with no problems. Your daughter should maybe have her doctor monitor the cyst.

My daughter is 9 weeks pregnant she has an ovarian cyst is this dangerous to her or the baby?
not at all I have them and I have three children only complication was my cervix would not open so I had to have a c-section
Reply:I would suggest that she go to a perinatologist just to be sure. I had a cystic tumor on my ovary that was discovered when I was 5 weeks pregnant. It was decided that, although there was a small, tiny risk that it would rupture and that would harm the baby, it would be more of a risk to remove it while pregnant. I was told that there is a 'window' during pregnancy where it is safest to do that type of procedure... I seem to remember that it was around 16 weeks. It turned out ok... I ended up having a c-section and they removed the tumor then. The drs did monitor me to make sure that it was not growing during the pregnancy.


good luck to your daughter!

night jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment